Are you a winery owner or vineyard needing to fill a position? Or are you looking to work in the Texas grape growing or wine industry?
Alamosa Wine Cellars, Bend, Texas: One or two part time, weekends , tasting room help. Great personality, keen interest in wine, good work habit necessary. We can teach you the rest. Must be 21, will need a TABC server-seller certificate.
Contact Karen Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell phone 512-565-2718 Winery 325-628-3313
Bending Branch Winery, Comfort, Texas: Part-time Tasting Room Associate to aid in the sampling and sales of fine wines.
-An interest in wine, and a willingness to increase your wine education.
-Excellence in customer service is a standard that our team finds very important. Applicants must have the ability to multi-task and manage multiple guests while ensuring their experience is both personal and professional.
-Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, and spend extended amounts of time on your feet.
-Available on weekends, some holidays, and occasional evenings.
Submit resume to email@example.com
Contact Jennifer Beckmann, Director of Marketing/Certified Sommelier (830) 995-2948
McReynolds Wines, Cyprus Mill, Texas: McReynolds Wines is looking for a part-time Tasting Room Associate to work primarily week-ends and special events. Duties include pouring wine tastes for customers; interacting with customers; processing sales of wine and other merchandise; maintaining tasting room inventory and generally keeping space tidy and welcoming. Sales experience and wine knowledge preferred. Must be at least 21 years of age; TABC certified or obtain certifications within 6 weeks of hiring; able to lift and carry 45 lbs. and able to stand for long periods of time.
Contact Maureen McReynolds at (830) 825-3544 to schedule interview.
Messina Hof, Assistant Guest Center Manager, Responsible for the growth, direction, and maintenance of Messina Hof Hill Country Guest Center and Manor Haus Bed and Breakfast. The purpose of the Messina Hof guest center is to welcome visitors of Messina Hof as family guests into the Messina Hof living room and to embrace them as personal friends of our Messina Hof family. Assist them in any way possible in selection, education, and consultation.
Assistant to the Guest Center Manager with the following responsibilities: Assist in the oversight of sales and operation of entire Messina Hof Hill Country Winery, VIP Room and Manor Haus Bed and Breakfast
– Budgeting gift shop inventory and shipping o Scheduling retail workers and Manager on Duty (MOD), supervise and coordinate all winery activities
– Responsible for passing on to the administrative staff all things pertaining to administration of MHHC Winery o Scheduling physical setup for special group events
– Assuring daily maintenance of retail area including preparation, stocking and pricing
– Coordination of gift preparation, maintain inventories of saleable gift items and promotional materials
– Responsible for all shipping related to MHHC Retail and wholesale maintaining shipping records, and all shipping follow up calls
– Developing and executing sales goals and target products
– Maintain daily ADS numbers and ADS histories by salesperson, sale calendars, manpower scheduling and event statistics
-Be responsible for ensuring open and ongoing communication with administration and staff at MH Bryan
– Ensure your department members receive appropriate training in all areas
– Responsible for physical maintenance and upkeep of Guest Center and Manor Haus Bed and Breakfast
Sales: Conduct education classes in wine, wine/food, and wine appreciation
– Retail sales and tasting o Assisting Guest Center Manager in the directing of education of Messina Hof guests in wine as food and wine/food combinations
– Coordinate hospitality training with MHHC retail staff o Increase market share of retail room and wine bar area
– Promote events, tastings, parties and repeat sales at the winery
– Establish rapport and maintain relationships with customers
– Work closely with staff to promote and sell special events, products and other services
– Oversee VIP and Wine Club and develop plans for pick-up parties and VIP receptions/events
– Assist with for full facility profitability and hitting revenue and expense goals
– Assist with developing merchandising plans and scheduling execution
Inventory Control: Assist with budget, purchase and reconciliation of wine and gift shop items
– Maintain daily knowledge of floor stock, case goods by vintage and bulk wine inventories for sale
– Responsible for coordination of all transfers from Bryan to Fredericksburg facility (wine, gourmet foods, gift shop items, merchandise and supplies)
– Assist with ensuring that minimum inventory levels are maintained for all wine, merchandise and supplies
– Conduct monthly inventories in accordance with procedure
– Account for all stock movements and adjustments
Perform other duties as required
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s), Related degree and/or 3-5 years related experience, Good management skills and ability to supervise, Leadership abilities, Ability to use a personal computer to run registers, post daily sales and reconcile monies.
Messina Hof, Messina Hof Hill Country Retail Associate, Responsible for the increase in retail sales of Messina Hof wines at the winery, the care of the physical center, and the hospitality of the guests. This person is the host for our guests. The purpose of the Messina Hof guest center is to welcome visitors of Messina Hof as family guests in to the Messina Hof living room and to embrace them as personal friends of our Messina Hof family.
Care of the Retail and Wine Bar Area:
o Make sure each guest is maximally comfortable
o Maintain the merchandising of the Messina Hof products
o Making sure the guest center and wine bar is clean and neat, displays polished, and merchandise dusted daily
o Make sure all areas are sanitized and stocked each morning o Maintain cleanliness of restrooms
o Maintain full stock of gourmet food items, wines, and gift shop items
o Maintain all areas in accordance with health department codes
o Maintain patio areas as clean inviting environments
o Assist with cleanliness and maintenance of Manor Haus Bed and Breakfast
o Assist with general facility maintenance, cleaning and up-keep
Retail sales and tastings
o Education of Messina Hof guests on wine, wine/food combinations and wine appreciation o Promote tours, tastings, parties, and repeat sales at the winery
o Gift preparation
o Opening and closing procedures
o Increase market share of Messina Hof Hill Country Winery and Manor Haus Bed and Breakfast
o Increase membership of the VIP Club and Wine Club
o Maintain 0 shrinkage
o Account for all movement
o Assist with inventories as needed
o Assist with unloading wine and gift shop transfers and stocking all items
o Sale of Messina Hof products for special events
o Targeting and soliciting groups for Messina Hof tours and tasting
o Forwarding leads
o Participate in initiatives to previous customers as well as to potential customers and groups
o Submit promotion and marketing suggestions
Perform other duties as required
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s), Experience in a retail closely related field, Experience in customer service, Ability to use a Personal Computer
check back for listings
Post your winery or vineyard position here for approval. Listings are free.